01/08/2015 - 10:00 am
01/08/2015 - 5:30 pm
AddressHilton DoubleTree in Holborn 92 Southampton Row Tube: Holborn WC1B 4BH London United Kingdom View map
We know that ANYONE can be a Public Speaking Action Hero!
Join us for an entire day of learning hard-hitting tools & techniques, testing and mastering the ART of SPEAKING. You will have an adventurous day full of tasks and challenges for you to explore your limits and grow as a speaker.
No experience required – the tools & techniques facilitate your development, no matter the level you are at. (If you are feeling incredibly nervous about speaking though we do recommend to attend Falling in LOVE with Public Speaking first.)
We are bringing together a variety of grounding techniques, IMPROV exercises, storytelling and other material from years of experience with international speaker trainers. We are using experiential learning techniques to teach you on a much deeper level, easing you into transformation and creating more confidence from stage.
Details of the day
Content Creation & Structure session
The most precious commodity in the world is the ability to create strong and engaging content.
Learn how to:
- Create content FAST with this magic structure
- Get 100% more creative
- How to make everyone feel part of your talk/presentation
- Move through different delivery techniques to add impactImprovisation sessionLearn how to ALWAYS know what to say and how to think on your feet? What to do when going blank? How do you handle situations when things go wrong? The skill of Improvisation is fun to learn, fast-moving and immediately workable in any communication area in your life.Learn how to:
- Be able to keep control at all times
- Keep your train of thought – even in challenging situations
- Think outside of the box and develop more creativity
- Embrace ad-hoc speaking opportunities with confidence and certaintyStorytelling sessionImagine Steve Jobs had send an email campaign about the new Iphone at the time. Do you think the impact would have been the same compared to the enchanting corporate storytelling experience he created from stage? Those who tell stories rule the world.Learn how to:
- Enchant people’s imagination, evoking their emotions and capture their interest
- Taking your audience on a powerful journey
- Speak to a deeper side of people’s mind
- Utilise your very own personal story [most of us underestimate the power of our personal stories]We will also teach you the PONY Express Impact Principles, 8 proven ways to communicate like a PRO in every public speaking situation.Your trainers:
Elliot Kay aka The Coach with the Hat has also accumulated over 3,000 hours on stage in front of audiences across the world, including training many businesses to pitch for investment. Working across both corporate and experiential training, Elliot has delivered training programmes for the likes of Sky Television, Talk Talk, NHS and Hewlett Packard. He also facilitates his very own ground breaking experiential seminar to hundreds of people every year.
Annik has over 30 years experience of being scared of speaking and declining speaking opportunities due to the fear of looking silly in front of peers. This all came to an end in 2011 – enough of wasting time worrying about what others might think and PONY Express Speakers Training was born. She has trained with international speaker trainers like Clinton Swaine and Joanna Martin. She is also trained in clowning (!), the Meisner Technique and experiential workshop facilitation. Annik has delivered training to hundreds of entrepreneurs and corporate businesses.
You leave with learning’s ready to implement and a plan to consistent action.
THIS IS WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT US:
‘Public speaking is different to delivering a training session and I had the perception that it is formal and only the highly skilled can execute at a good standard. After attending the PONY Express 1 Day Intensive ‘Speak without Limits’ my perception changed. The morning session made me realise that in fact most people can become an inspiring public speaker with the right training. PONY Express makes it easy & fun. The entire day was so down to earth, challenging and fun at the same time! One day instilled far more confidence than I expected. I started out terrified in the morning and at the end of the day, happy to speak to an audience for a few minutes with a non-polished speech. Not bad for a day’s learning! I will be back. Thank you. SheIina P., Health & Wellbeing Coach
‘PONY Express has pushed me out of my comfort zone and made it more comfortable.’ James N., Key Account Manager, Mercedes-Benz
‘The euphoria you feel after speaking is directly proportionate to the fear you felt before.’ Colin Firth, Actor
‘I thought I will be picking up few tips on public speaking, probably based on some pre-written text book or something. How wrong was I. There was no motivational text book waffle but practical training of substance where I got to learn a lot more than I had expected by practising there and then and getting constant feedback from the trainers and others attendees. I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get over their nerves of public speaking, as it will benefit you personally and professionally.’ DM, Solicitor
We are looking forward working with you!
PONY Express Speaker Training is London based, focusing on aspiring entrepreneurs and anyone wanting to further their success through the medium of speaking.
We started running PONY Express Speakers Club in 2011, named after the famous PONY Express in America.
In the 1860s the PONY Express was a mail service delivering messages across America. Before we ran our first event in May 2011, we came across an article about Buffalo Bill [cowboys are so cool] and the PONY Express – a strong analogy for public speaking and courage! The American PONY Express was about young riders risking their lives delivering a message. Our PONY Express is very similar – people facing their fears [and taking risks] to step into the spotlight delivering their message to the world. NO PONIES ARE HARMED IN THE PROCESS!