23/03/2015 - 9:00 am
23/03/2015 - 5:00 pm
AddressHilton London Euston 17 – 18 Upper Woburn Place, London, London, London, WC1H 0HT View map
If you ask any person in any orgainisation, large or small about problems they face at work on a daily basis, you will usually find “communication” lying at the heart of it.
This intensive 1-day Master Class in Effective Communications course therefore, explores the importance of “communication at work” and provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to maximise the impact of your communication on others, both in and outside the workplace. The course is designed to help delegates understand how to maximise their communication skills in a variety of situations.
The course focuses on providing a set of useful communication tools and techniques that can be used in a number of different number formal and informal occasions, as well as with a range of differing personalities. The programme also focuses on enabling delegates to develop professional business communication skills to ensure they maximise their impact with everyone they encounter in the workplace, adapting their style to increase their influence and improve interpersonal relationships.
SUITABILITY – WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is targeted at any member of staff whose work depends on successful interaction with others and who want to maximise the impact their communication skills have on work based situations.
This Course will help you to become a more, inspirational and effective communicator. By understanding the importance of clear and focussed written and verbal communication skills, delegates will be able to communicate with confidence and impact in a variety of workplace situations, ie. Team meetings, interviews, presentations, performance reviews, networking events. They will understand the importance of “feedback” and the role behaviours and personalities play in relation to effectively communicating with others.
– Introduction to the Field of Communication
- The importance of communication in today’s modern setting
- The key elements and skills of communication
- Telephone communication
- Written communication – email etiquette
- Maximising our communication skills in a variety of situations
- What helps and hinders communication at an individual, team and organisational level
- Questioning skills
- Listening skills
- Self presentation and self promotion
– A Key Communication Skill – The Skill of “Feedback”
- The importance of feedback to people and organisations
- The types of feedback we receive in life
- Structuring feedback
- Giving and receiving feedback effectively
– Communicating Assertively
- What assertive communication is and is not
- How we should plan, structure and conduct assertive communication
- Using assertive communication in a variety of situations
– Communication to Different Personalities
– Employee Engagement